Take a look at the resume of a highly experienced oral and maxillofacial surgeon in Costa Rica who specializes in orthognathic surgery, dental implantology and Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ, TMD).
He is the co-founder of one of the prime dental clinics in Costa Rica which has its offices in three locations across the country.
He has attended a number of international conferences and meetings, and many of his papers have been published in prestigious journals.
- DDS degree from University Latina of Costa Rica San José, Costa Rica in 2001
- Specialization and MSC in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Bogotá, Colombia in 2005
- Coordinator at Department of Oral Surgery at La Universidad Latinoamericana de Ciencia y Tecnología, ULACIT since 2006
- Serving professor of the Oral and Maxillofacial Residency Program at the Javeriana University in Bogotá since 2006
- Director of a prime dental clinic in San Jose, Costa Rica since 2006
- Chief of the Temporomandibular Jointand Muscle Disorders (TMJ) and Orofacial Pain Department at Calderon Guardia Hospital in San Jose, Costa Rica in 2006
- Professor of the Oral Rehabilitation program at the University of Costa Rica in San Jose since 2007
- AO Foundation Davos, Switzwerland alumni for Latin America since 2007
- Serving as oral and maxillofacial staff surgeon at Mexioc Hospital in San Jose, Costa Rica since 2008
- Serving professor of Oral Surgery Fellow Program at the University of Costa Rica, San Jose since 2008
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Asociacion Colombiana de Cirugia Oral Y Maxilofacial
- Asociación Latinoamericana de Traumatología Buco Maxilo Facial (ALACIBU)
- Colegio de Cirujanos Dentistas de Costa Rica
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (IAOMS)
Fluent in both English and Spanish
Fill in the contact-form on the right for more information on oral and maxillofacial surgery in Costa Rica by Dr. Andres Fernandez.