Getting dental work in Costa Rica may not be something you have ever considered before, but in these trying economic times this option is becoming more and more attractive. Medical tourism in the country is being propelled high, thanks to numerous American and Canadians looking for affordable treatments closer home. But dentistry in Costa Rica is actually a hidden gem of the thriving medical tourism industry of this Central American country.
Low price of treatments is the main aspect which is attracting people to this Latin American healthcare destination for various medical and dental procedures these days. As per statistics released by the Council for International Promotion of Costa Rica Medicine (PROMED), nearly 25,000 medical tourists thronged the country in 2008 and these figures have been rising since then.
Cost of Dental Treatment in Costa Rica
- The price of tooth treatments in the country can be up to 50 percent less than the cost of the same procedures in developed countries such as the US and Canada.
- For this lesser cost you can have the same world-class surgeons and the same cutting edge technology as you would find in a hospital in any First World country.
- Prices tend to include the surgery itself, the preliminary x-rays, and anything else you might need.
- You will have to add the travel and sightseeing expenses to the tooth treatment procedure price. If you want to have a friend or family member accompany you on your dental cum relaxation trip, then you should be ready for additional expenses.
Why Opt for Tooth Treatment in Costa Rica?
- As mentioned earlier, you can get tooth work here at prices that are a fraction of the prices in the West. For example, the cost of dental implants in Costa Rica can often be found to be half the price of the same procedure in the US.
- The same high-quality dental equipment and technology which is found in developed countries, such as the US, the UK, and Canada is found in the leading clinics here.
- A variety of different procedures are available such as dental crowns, dental implants, and even full-mouth restoration in Costa Rica.
- There are some highly experienced and renowned dentists who carry out dental services in the country.
- Close proximity to the US is another upside of getting veneers, bridges, and teeth implants in Costa Rica. Thus, patients need not have to worry about flying to a long-distance medical destination.
- While getting the appearance and function of your teeth restored here, you hardly have to worry about queuing up outside a dentist’s office.
- Another advantage of getting dental implants, bridges, and dental crowns in Costa Rica is the chance to enjoy a holiday in an exotic land after your treatment.
Planning a Dental Vacation
The high demand for medical and dental services from foreign tourists who are looking for quality yet affordable treatments has made Costa Rica a sought-after healthcare destination.
Planning your dental vacation in the country is not a difficult process and can be broken down into four easy steps:
- Look at the surgical options available, choose a location, and get a free quote from us before finalizing anything.
- Book your trip and get your visa and travel documents in order.
- Arrive in a state-of-the-art clinic and see your desired dentist as per your pre scheduled appointment.
- Recuperate and enjoy your holiday in exotic locations such as San Jose and Manuel Antonio.
Tips for Your Dental Procedure Trip
- Passport carrying Americans and Canadians are allowed a 90-day stay in Costa Rica without a visa.
- Guard your valuables to avoid making yourself a target for pickpockets and muggers.
- ATMs or cajeros automáticos can be conveniently found throughout the country.
- Most of the mid range and high end hotels and restaurants accept US dollars.
- Do not take or offer to hold drugs for people if they ask, as drugs of all kinds are illegal here.
- Make sure you choose a clinic which is reputable and has good reviews from other people who have received treatment earlier.
Dental work in Costa Rica can be your answer to getting rid of the ills plaguing your pearlies at affordable prices.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on dental work in Costa Rica.