A typical orthodontic treatment can take anywhere from 18 to 36 months. However, not everyone has that kind of time. For the time-pressed, there is always the option of accelerated orthodontics. Keep on reading to find out more about the procedure, as well as more specific information about getting it in Costa Rica.
What is Accelerated Orthodontics?
- An accelerated orthodontic treatment is a dental displacement procedure that reduces the time it takes to permanently move a tooth into the position it is supposed to be.
- The procedure was developed in 1996 by two brothers, Thomas and William Wilcko, an orthodontist and a periodontist, respectively.
- Accelerated orthodontics procedure can be accomplished in just three to six months.
- According to a study by J.J. Pulver and colleagues published in the October 2009 issue of the Journal of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, the standard accelerated orthodontic procedure involves the creation of a weakened bone condition. The weakened bone can optimize its response to orthodontic forces, yielding faster results in a shorter amount of time.
- Additionally, the same study also highlights the success of the procedure, demonstrating rapid tooth movement, and stability with an 8-year retention.
- Accelerated orthodontics is usually done on an outpatient basis.
The Costa Rica Advantage
While accelerated orthodontics is also available in the United States, what turns most patients off from getting the procedure is the sheer cost of it. This is when the option of getting accelerated orthodontic treatment in Costa Rica can be considered, as the costs involved are much lower. A number of benefits are listed, and expounded on, below:
- The lower prices in Costa Rica are ofcourse the chief draw. Patients can expect 30% to 70% savings on their dental work.
- You can choose from a number of well-trained and experienced, board-certified dentists who have been educated in different parts of the world. Patients can rest easy, knowing that they will receive the same kind of dental care that they expect to get in North America.
- For patients based in the United States, a short and quick dental holiday in Costa Rica is very much possible, because the two countries are not very far from each other. Potential dental tourists can fly in and out very easily, as flights to and from the Central American country are numerous, and relatively affordable, based on when you make your ticket booking.
- The hi-tech facilities, as well as the friendly atmosphere provided by the dental staff is another reason to consider getting accelerated orthodontic treatment there.
Scheduling an appointment to get braces in Costa Rica is probably easier than finding a free slot for the same appointment in the United States.
How to Prepare for your Dental Trip?
If you’ve decided on traveling to Costa Rica for getting your teeth straightened with the help of accelerated orthodontics, then the next logical thing to think about is how to prepare for your dental trip to the country. Here are some helpful tips:
- Find a reputable orthodontist or dental clinic that best meets your requirement.
- Before making a set appointment for your accelerated orthodontics procedure, it would be helpful to check for flight and hotel availability. Once you set the dates, our representative can help you make other arrangements for the trip.
- Keep the tropical weather in Costa Rica in mind, for it should dictate your clothing choices. Pack light and comfortable clothes with you, and even a hat.
- The rainy season starts in May; and earliest part of this season could actually be a good time to visit if you are looking for less touristy hustle-bustle and cheaper facilities.
Flying to get accelerated orthodontics in Costa Rica is a financially practical choice for patients who may not be able to afford it in their home countries. Those who want to fix their teeth quickly can look into this procedure.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Accelerated Orthodontics in Costa Rica.