Owing to the high prices of dental procedures in the United States and Canada, many North Americans are now undertaking dental trips to Costa Rica for cheaper procedures.
Costa Rica offers affordable dental procedures and is a tourist country, and therefore, is a perfect example of a dental tourism vacation. Places like San Jose, Montverde, Santa Elena and Scarchi make this country an amazing amalgamation of many tourist activities.
Some common procedures such as dental implants, bridges, crowns and cosmetic dentistry in Costa Rica are available at a fraction of US prices.
While it is a relatively safe Central American country, it is best to stay aware of your surroundings and exercise caution while on your dental trip.
A 2016 survey by the Medical Tourism Index ranked Costa Rica 4th in medical tourism services in the Americas, just behind Canada, Colombia and Panama. The country placed 14th in the global index. (Source: TicoTimes.net)
Costa Rica Safety and Crime Info
There are certain areas in every country that are not perfectly safe. Exercise caution when in Manuel Antonio, Quepos, Tamarindo, Jaco and Puerto Viejo.
Every individual, not just a tourist, needs to exercise certain precautionary steps and stay alert all the time. Ticos have a literacy rate of 97.4% and most of the people in the tourist areas can talk in English, making the entire process more comfortable.
However, theft is one of the most common crimes here and therefore, all prized possessions like expensive cameras, laptops, jewellery etc., should not be carried along.
An easily accessible dental tourism destination, it is well connected to the rest of the world and hence, easily accessible. A flight to San Jose from the Miami International Airport takes approximately 3 hours.
Certain precautions to take are:
- Carry the least amount of money with you and only keep a small amount of it in your pocket. Hide the rest.
- Don’t carry expensive phones with you.
- Carry your passport copy with you. (Take copies of the page with your photograph, and of the page that carries your entry stamp)
- It is advised not to carry expensive things to the beach.
- Don’t walk around after the sun sets. Take a cab instead. However, main roads are fine.
- Don’t drink in public. Drunken people make for easy victims.
- Avoid roaming around alone. Do not consume drugs, if offered.
How to Choose Safe Dental Options in Costa Rica?
While planning to undergo dental surgery, several factors come into play. It is important to choose a dentist who is well qualified and experienced in his field. There are many dental clinics in Costa Rica that have good credentials, but certain things require to be read up on before making an appointment.
What needs to be remembered that even though the cost of dental procedures here is cheaper than in the United States, it does not mean that the quality of care being given is compromised. But again, this does not imply that every single dentist here is competent enough!
The following things need to be considered while analyzing dental clinics:
- What is the qualification of the dentist?
- Does the dentist have any experience in treating international patients?
- Will you be able to follow up when you go back home?
- Is the dental clinic clean? Are the sterilization standards being met?
- Can the dental staff converse in English and answer your questions satisfactorily?
- What technology is being used to carry out various dental procedures?
- What are the dental procedure reviews of the previous patients like?
Why Choose Dental Work in Costa Rica?
The country has become a popular destination for dental tourism. People here receive high quality dental care at affordable prices, saving a substantial amount of money.
On an average, a dental tourist saves approximately 50%-70% of the US costs. Without severely denting your bank balance, the local dentists help you transform your smile and take care of your oral health.
Our dentists are highly qualified and experienced specialists in prosthodontics, implants, and endodontics. Our oral and maxillofacial surgeons take care of every individual’s particular dental needs and concerns. Here are some dental work in Costa Rica reviews that will help you find what to expect on your dental trip.
Our network clinic is internationally accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF) and also holds PROMED’s Seal of Quality. Fill the quote form now to contact us!
The dental clinic we work with in San Jose, CR is internationally accredited. All dental procedures are available from simple fillings to full mouth restorations. Some features of our dental clinic are:
- Latest technologies like CAD/CAM dental system and 3D advanced dental imaging
- Affordable dental procedures where up to 70% costs are saved, in comparison to the United States
- Multilingual staff
- Personalized travel services
- Doctors affiliated with ADA, AAID, ICOI and CCDCR
- International patients from more than 20 countries have been treated here since the year 2006
Dental Implants in Costa Rica
Essentially, a dental implant is an artificial tooth root positioned into one’s jaw. This root holds the new tooth or bridge. Dental implants are an excellent solution for people who have lost most or all of their teeth.
These implants have a lot of benefits. As they feel like natural teeth, they help people chew their food properly, talk clearly, prevent the facial muscles from sagging and since dental implants cannot get decay like natural teeth, they cannot suffer from caries.
Did you know? With a success rate of 98.4 %, dental implants have proven to be a solid solution to treating loss or damage to teeth. (Source: aaid-dentalimplants.org)
Even though dental implants cannot get cavities, they need to be taken care of, just like natural teeth. With excellent oral hygiene, dental implants can last up to 15 years.
There needs to be adequate bone in the patient’s jaw so as to be able to support the dental implant. Healthy gum tissues, without any diseases like the periodontal disease, are also required. These requirements are for endosteal dental implants.
Where the bone height is minimal, subperiosteal dental implants are placed on top of the patient’s jaw.
A dental holiday in Costa Rica is safe and affordable, and gives you access to good quality care.
Fill the quote form for Free Pricing and to book an appointment.