Everyone suffers from various teeth problems. For those that suffer from extreme tooth loss, more drastic measures may have to be taken. Getting all on 6 and all on 8 implants may be a worthy consideration for them.
A few details on this procedure are discussed below, as well as general information on how to get discount dental implants in Costa Rica.
All on 6 and All on 8 Implants Explained
- These were actually adapted from the all on 4 implant system that was developed by Dr. Paulo Malo during the early nineties.
- Instead of the usual all-on-4 implants that utilize only 4 implants on a full arch of teeth, all on 6 or all on 8 implants use, as the name suggests, 6 and 8 implants per arch respectively, utilizing either a hybrid bridge, a zirconium non-metal bridge or a porcelain-fused-to-metal bridge.
- These dental implants in a single arch act as anchors, and create a fixed and non-removable bridge.
- The All on 6 and all on 8 implants are recommended in cases in which the patients have over 80% of their teeth missing. This is the ideal solution because these implants can support anywhere between 12 to 14 units of teeth.
According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, about a fourth of the adults aged above 74 have lost all of their permanent teeth. All on 6 or all on 8 implants in Costa Rica are an affordable option that can be considered by the edentulous folks who do not wish to be a part of mere statistics.
Why Costa Rica?
If All on 6 implants and All on 8 implants are available in the United States, then why should one even consider getting dental replacement in Costa Rica? Here’s a quick run-down on the reasons why people prefer to travel for their treatments.
- A common question from many patients is how much do implants cost there? It is safe to estimate that dental implants and procedures cost significantly less in Costa Rica compared to dental rates in the US. On an average, patients can expect to pay 30% to 70% less than what they would in the United States. These rates are great for dental patients who may not have dental insurance.
- The clinics in our network employ similar technology that can be found in the United States.
- Dental work in Costa Rica is not only an affordable solution, but also an easily accessible one as the country is only a short flight away from the United States.
- While it is common to experience long waiting times in Canada and the UK, this won’t be the case here.
Tips for Tourists
If you decide to travel for all on 6 implants or denture replacement with all on 8 dental implants to Costa Rica, it is best to equip yourself with the following travel tips:
- Individuals that hold US passports can stay visa-free for no more than 90 days. Any longer than that, and one will need to acquire a visa for the country.
- One must be careful of pickpockets who may frequent tourist areas.
- Costa Rica enjoys beautiful tropical weather all year round, so it not only serves to meet dental needs, but is also an escape destination from the harsh winter in the United States. Some patients book their procedures during the winter months so they can squeeze in a tropical vacation.
- To avoid delays in the dental procedure, patients are advised to make all necessary arrangements for their procedure and their stay well in advance.
All on 6 and all on 8 implants in could be your solution to restore those precious pearly whites and get back the confidence to smile freely again.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information and a FREE quote.