Do you cover your mouth when you smile because of irregular teeth? Are you tired of generic teeth whiteners? If you are looking for a smile and mouth makeover, it is time to go for aesthetic dentistry in Costa Rica. You can shed the discolored teeth, fix the gaps, and replace your missing teeth at a fraction of the cost. Getting dental work in Costa Rica is a blessing for patients worldwide!
According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, roughly 69% of American adults belonging to the age group of 35-44 years have lost at least one tooth, and by the age of 74, a quarter of them have lost all their permanent teeth.
Additionally, other dental problems such as yellowing or poorly aligned teeth can be a cause of embarrassment and low self-esteem. So an increasing number of people are seeking remedies to their teeth’s poor appearance and health by heading on dental tours to Costa Rica.
What is Aesthetic Dentistry?
Much like plastic surgery for the body and face, aesthetic dentistry consists of procedures meant to improve the appearance of your teeth and mouth.
According to WebMD, cosmetic dentistry consists of a variety of procedures, from teeth whitening and shaping, to closing spaces and replacing teeth.
Some of the common treatments are as follows:
- Bonding: Dentists use special bonding material to fix cavities, remove excess space between teeth, protect exposed teeth root, and repair teeth that might be chipped, broken, stained, or cracked.
- Veneers: Custom shells made of porcelain or plastic, veneers are used to cover the front of the teeth to improve their appearance.
- Crowns: Also called caps, crowns restore the shape, color and appearance of misshapen, discolored, broken or weak teeth, by totally covering them. Crowns are made from metal, porcelain fused to metal, resin, or ceramic material.
- Enamel shaping and contouring: As the name suggests, it is the process requiring the removal or contouring of dental enamel to improve the appearance of your teeth.
- Braces: If you suffer from crooked or crowded teeth, have an irregular bite, or a jaw disorder, your dentist might suggest braces. Made of metal, ceramic, or plastic, braces are no longer the domain of children. Increasing numbers of adults are using aligners or invisible braces to fix their teeth problems.
So ask your dentist in Costa Rica for a smile makeover and you won’t have to shield your mouth as you flash your new and improved grin!
Why Choose Dental Cosmetics in Costa Rica?
According to an article by Alex Leff published on the Global Post on March 22, 2009, the spokesperson for The Council for International Promotion of Costa Rica Medicine (PROMED) has said that nearly 20,000 medical tourists visited Costa Rica in 2008, with many of them seeking treatment for poor smiles and damaged teeth.
- The cosmetic dentistry cost in Costa Rica is alluringly low. You can also save a pretty penny by opting for more complex procedures, such as low cost dental implants in San Jose.
- Cosmetic dentistry is carried out in aesthetic dental centers in Costa Rica that follow global hygienic standards and are equipped with cutting edge technology.
- Low cost aesthetic dentistry in Costa Rica will include the services of recognized and certified dental professionals.
- Members of international organizations such as the American Dental Association, most of the dental professionals working in the leading Costa Rican hospitals for dental treatments are fluent in English and Spanish. So you will be able to discuss all your options for bettering the appearance of your mouth, including getting crowns, bridges and dental implants in Costa Rica.
- With ample dental clinics and cosmetic dentists in Costa Rica, you are likely to get your dental treatments minus any waiting times.
- Getting crowns and veneers in Costa Rica will not stretch most American travelers excessively, given its geographical proximity to the US.
- Costa Rica is a tourist mecca. With the low price of cosmetic dentistry in Costa Rica, you will have plenty left over to see the various unique offerings of this eco-tourism destination.
Before Traveling for Aesthetic Dentistry in Costa Rica
Here are some pointers that will help you plan your dental holiday in Costa Rica –
- Americans and Canadians are allowed to stay for 90 days without a visa.
- While not stringently and regularly implemented, if you are traveling to Costa Rica for aesthetic dentistry or any other purpose, you are officially required to have a round-trip ticket.
- When you travel for cosmetic dentistry in Costa Rica, you can choose one of the two major airports: Aeropuerto Internacional Juan Santamaría, which is the nearest to San José or the Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport in Liberia.
- Costa Rica is one of the safest Central American countries and a haven for expat Americans and Canadians. However, like in any other foreign place, use your common sense, follow the local rules and respect the local traditions.
Well-appointed and equipped dental clinics, professional staff and low priced procedures make aesthetic dentistry in Costa Rica a viable option. Add to this attractive package the unique biospheres of Costa Rica and you have a dream dental tourism package. From dense cloud forests to sparkling oceans, awe inspiring volcanoes and majestic waterfalls, Costa Rica will give you plenty of reasons to flash your new gleaming smile!
Fill out the estimate request form on the right to get more information on Aesthetic Dentistry in Costa Rica.