Those who are struggling to afford dental care in the United States or Canada will be glad to hear that the low cost of dental treatment in Costa Rica might make it possible for them to quality dental care without breaking the bank. Dental work in Costa Rica can cost as much as 70% less than in developed countries. With such gigantic savings, it’s no wonder that more and more people are opting to take dental trips to Costa Rica over getting domestic dental work.
Today’s hectic economic climate can put a strain on personal and family budgets, and unfortunately, proper dental care is often neglected because of this. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 20% of children under the age of 17—and nearly 40% of adults—in the United States went without a dentist appointment in 2010. Incredibly low dental treatment prices in Costa Rica could alleviate fatigued budgets, and put quality dental care within reach of individuals and families for whom it wasn’t possible before.
How is the Price of Dental Care in CR So Less?
Many people who ask the question, “How much for dental work in Costa Rica?” are usually surprised by the answer. How can it be that cheap? How are such huge savings possible?
- The main reason that dental work in Costa Rica is so cheap is the low cost of living there. Although it is the largest economy in Central America, the cost of living in Costa Rica is so low that excellent dental care is much cheaper there than in the United States or Canada.
- Dentist fees in Costa Rica are able to be kept so low because dentists there have much less student loan debt than their counterparts in the United States. They also are not required to buy malpractice insurance and don’t have to hound insurance companies for reimbursements, allowing them to keep costs low.
- The low fees does not equate to poorer quality dental care, however. In fact, according to the Council for the International Promotion of Costa Rica Medicine (PROMED), 80% of dentists in Costa Rica have been educated abroad, either in the United States or England.
- Majority of people take package trips to Costa Rica for one-trip permanent dentures, teeth veneers, crowns, etc. This not only makes the whole experience easier—and therefore, more enjoyable and productive—but it also contributes to the low cost of dental treatment in Costa Rica. These fixed price packages allow you to see the entire final cost of everything before coming to Costa Rica, unlike in the United States, where the bill can often surprise you.
- Travel to Costa Rica is cheap and easy. It is fairly close to North American countries, which makes flights cheaper. Many airlines offer daily flights to San Jose that take 4 to 7 hours, depending on the departure city.
- US and Canadian citizens are not required to have visa for a stay of up to 3 months in Costa Rica. However, you will be required to pay a departure tax of 28 USD upon leaving the country.
- Dental treatment prices in Costa Rica are so low that, even after considering the travel and lodging costs, one can make significant savings as compared to getting dental work in the US or Canada.
How to Find the Lowest Prices on Dental Care in Costa Rica
The best advice for those looking for low cost dental treatment in Costa Rica is: Do your research. Whether you just need a few crowns or a total smile makeover in Costa Rica, it is always best to do thorough research before making a decision. This will not only ensure that you find the best deal possible, but will help you find the right dentist for you, as well. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about dental prices in Costa Rica.
Fill out the estimate request form on the right to get more information about cost of dental treatment in Costa Rica.