The New York Times in its October 2007 article by Alex Berenson reported that “in real dollars, the cost of the average dental procedure rose 25 percent from 1996 to 2004.” For many patients suffering from tooth loss due to age or disease, the high cost of dental procedures has meant forgoing necessary procedures or settling for outdated, uncomfortable alternatives.
Getting overdentures on implants in Costa Rica is a great option for Americans and Canadians, who cannot afford them back home. An alternative to one-trip permanent dentures, many people find snap on dentures in Costa Rica to be a flexible and economical solution to crooked or missing teeth.
Benefits of Snap on Dentures
As opposed to conventional dentures, snap on dentures or overdentures on implants are attached directly to implants in the jaw. Some of their benefits include:
- Increased comfort
- Improved speech and chewing abilities
- A more natural appearance
- Lower daily maintenance, without the need for creams or adhesives
- A reduction in the possibility of bone loss associated with traditional dentures
- Greater confidence without having to worry about loose dentures
Be sure to talk to your dentist before pursuing overdentures on implants in Costa Rica. Strong jawbones are required to support the implants, and older patients, or patients with bone loss due to osteoporosis or other conditions, may have to look into other options.
Why go to Costa Rica?
- Many patients travel for dental implants in Costa Rica because of the country’s reputation for clean, modern facilities and internationally-trained oral surgeons.
- Generally, dental work in Costa Rica is performed with similar equipment, and to the same high standards, as in US facilities.
- An additional bonus to snap dentures in Costa Rica is that the procedure can often be performed without lengthy waiting periods.
Cost of Snap On Dentures in Costa Rica
Snap on smile cost in Costa Rica is much less than in other countries. The low cost of dental care in Costa Rica is attributable to many factors, including a reduced cost of living. Due to the country’s proximity to the US and its reputation for tourism, the cost of travel, both to and within Costa Rica, is also quite low.
A Holiday-cum-Dental Trip to Costa Rica
Costa Rica is a popular destination with a well-developed tourist infrastructure. Called “the leader in Central American ecotourism” by National Geographic, the country is known for its beautiful beaches, active volcanoes and tropical rainforests populated by monkeys and exotic birds. Highlights of your trip to avail snap on partial dentures in Costa Rica may include:
- Lounging on the white sand beaches of Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio, on the country’s Pacific Coast
- A night hike to the summit of Arenal Volcano
- A relaxing day at one of the surrounding thermal spas
- Sampling some of the world’s best coffee in Monteverde, a small village nestled in the cloud forest, originally founded by Quakers
Costa Rica Travel Tips
Be sure to research thoroughly your options for cosmetic dentistry in Costa Rica. Here are some things to consider as you plan your trip:
- Spanish is the official language of Costa Rica, though due to the high level of tourism in recent years many people also speak English.
- Most international flights fly into the capital, San José, or into Liberia, in the northwest corner of the country.
- Transportation options within the country range from airline charters and luxury coaches, to somewhat rougher (but cheap) public buses.
- Costa Rica’s currency is known as the Colón. International bank machines are plentiful in San José and most larger tourist centers, though be sure to keep some cash on hand if you venture into the smaller towns.
According to the US National Center for Health Statistics, in 2008, approximately 45 million persons lacked dental coverage in the United States. With the cost of dental care rising, more and more people are traveling abroad to have dental work done. While the procedure may not be for everyone, patients suffering from tooth loss who wish to avoid the hassles of traditional dentures or dental plates may be able to obtain snap on dentures in Costa Rica at a reduced price. Add to the low snap on dentures price in Costa Rica the country’s verdant expanses, tranquil oceans and the all-pervasive spirit of pura vida and you get the vacation of a lifetime!
For more information on Snap on dentures in Costa Rica, fill-out the estimate-request form on your right.