Missed out on getting braces in your teen years? Rest assured—it is never too late to correct a crooked smile! Visiting an orthodontist in San Jose – Costa Rica may be an attractive option for patients seeking to improve their smiles without burning a hole in their pockets.
Dental treatment in San Jose – Costa Rica is on par with the treatment one would receive in the United States or Canada. Another perk of choosing a dentist in San Jose is that due to the close distance between the United States and Costa Rica, you could save considerably on travel costs.
If you are self-conscious about your misaligned teeth, working with one of the many qualified orthodontists in San Jose could help you correct smile flaws while maintaining your budget.
An Overview of Orthodontic Treatment
- Despite the common misconception that only teenagers and children wear braces, in reality 22% of orthodontic treatment patients in the United States in 2010 were adults, as per the New York Times article, “Orthodontists Marketing to Adults Seeking Prettier Smiles,” by Adam Newman and published on February 1, 2012.
- There are a variety of treatments, including ceramic and metallic braces, speed braces, invisible aligners, and retainers.
- Braces brackets are available in many colors, including clear brackets.
- Braces cannot be removed and require periodic adjustments from the orthodontist. Invisible aligners can be removed for eating, teeth brushing, and flossing. Your orthodontist provides you with a series of aligners designed to move your teeth to their corrected positions.
- After your smile has been corrected, it is recommended that you wear a retainer to maintain your results.
- Orthodontic treatments have been around since 1900, according to the American Association of Orthodontists.
Cost of Orthodontic Services in San Jose – Costa Rica
- The cost of getting treated at a dental clinic in San Jose, Costa Rica can be 30%-50% lower than what a clinic in the United States or Canada will charge you for a similar procedure. You do not have to worry about compromising quality with the lower costs, as the dental standards in Costa Rica are on par with those in the United States.
- One will find the same options for braces in San Jose, Costa Rica, only offered at a lower price.
- Even after adding in travel and food expenses, you would still save considerably on getting braces and dental implants in Costa Rica versus getting them in North America.
- The low orthodontist cost in Costa Rica allows patients an opportunity to go sightseeing without stretching their budgets.
Why See an Orthodontist in San Jose – Costa Rica?
- Just like his/her North American counterparts, a good San Jose dentist frequently participates in seminars to stay at the forefront of orthodontics. Some have even traveled abroad to the United States for their dental training.
- As there is more competition between orthodontists in San Jose compared to the United States, orthodontist prices in Costa Rica are much more affordable.
- Those looking for the best orthodontist in San Jose, Costa Rica will not be disappointed. There are a plethora of well-educated and experienced orthodontists in Costa Rica to choose from.
- Thanks to the Internet, it is now easier than ever to explore beyond your hometown and find an orthodontist in Costa Rica. Along with reading online patient feedback and browsing dental tourism forums, you can procure orthodontists’ CVs, patient references, and other relevant information on the Web.
- Whereas in the United States and Canada you may face long waiting times for orthodontic treatment, there is virtually no waiting time for cosmetic dentistry in Costa Rica.
- An average dentist in San Jose, Costa Rica working in a reputable clinic is accustomed to seeing foreign patients. Most orthodontists speak fluent English. They also understand the anxiety patients may feel seeing a dentist away from home, so they work hard to accommodate dental tourists’ needs.
For patients seeking to correct their smiles without paying an arm and a leg, seeing an orthodontist in San Jose, Costa Rica could be an alternative worth pondering over.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Orthodontists in San Jose – Costa Rica.