Every year thousands of overseas patients seek some sort of dental work in Costa Rica. Getting implant supported porcelain bridges in Costa Rica is an affordable solution for missing teeth.
Dental tourism in Costa Rica is experiencing an upward trend, thanks to the rising costs of healthcare in the US. According to the International Council for Promotion of Medicine in Costa Rica (PROMED), nearly 36,000 offshore patients visited the country in 2010, 40% of whom sought dental treatments.
Implant-Supported Porcelain Bridge – an Overview
- An implant-supported porcelain bridge is used when at least one tooth is missing. It may also be used to take pressure off an implant (clenching and grinding teeth can put load on the implants).
- Unlike the usual dental bridges which are supported by natural teeth, implant supported bridges are supported by implants.
- Implant supported bridges help in preserving the jaw bone better and provide greater functionality without affecting one’s facial appearance.
- With an implant supported porcelain bridge, one can eat a wider variety of foods and speak with ease.
- Porcelain bridges almost feel like natural teeth.
Implant Supported Porcelain Bridges Costa Rica – Advantages
- Dental services in Costa Rica are offered at very competitive prices. In Costa Rica, dental implant-supported porcelain bridges cost about 50% to 70% lower than what these cost in the developed countries.
- Despite the low costs, one can get high quality dental bridges in Costa Rica. Dentistry procedures are performed by highly-skilled dentists in the reputable hospitals and clinics of the country.
- Costa Rica boasts of a number of boast-certified dentists, many of whom have received their education in the renowned medical schools of the US and Europe.
- There are a number of world-class hospitals and dental clinics in San Jose, Costa Rica that use the latest tools and techniques to treat their patients.
- As per PROMED, there are 27 nationally and internationally-certified clinics and hospitals in the country. There are three JCI-accredited medical centers in Costa Rica.
- According to World Health Organization’s World Health Report 2000 – Health systems: Improving performance published on June 21, 2000, Costa Rica’s health care system was rated among the topmost in Latin American nations and also ranked higher than that of the United States.
- As there is almost no waiting time, your procedure for getting dental bridges in Costa Rica can begin immediately after you reach the chosen clinic or hospital.
- Costa Rica is easily accessible from the United States and Canada. There are numerous flights from the prominent cities of the US and Canada to the Central American country.
- Moreover, an eco-tourism paradise, Costa Rica is home to many spectacular sites that one can explore when on a dental holiday.
- When on a trip to get implant supported porcelain bridges in Costa Rica, you can see the volcanoes such as Arenal, known for its hot springs and Poas, the second largest volcanic crater in the world. You can also go hiking in one of the several protected wildlife sanctuaries and rainforests and visit one of the numerous pristine beaches to relax and rejuvenate.
Dental Bridges in Costa Rica – Preparing for Your Trip
- You need to do some research when seeking low cost dental bridges abroad. While there is no dearth of highly trained and competent dentists in Costa Rica, you still need to refer to patient testimonies and feedback to avoid landing up in a shady clinic.
- Some American mobile phones may not work in Costa Rica. Check with your cellular service provider to determine the coverage and call charges in Costa Rica before visiting the country.
- The American dollar serves as the secondary currency – at least in the touristy areas.
- Citizens of the US, Canada and majority of the West European countries staying for less than 90 days in Costa Rica do not require a visa; a valid passport would suffice.
Costa Rica provides a cost-effective option for people who want to get affordable artificial teeth abroad. One can get natural looking and normally functioning teeth at reasonable prices by opting for implant-supported porcelain bridges in Cost Rica.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on Implant Supported Porcelain Bridges Costa Rica.