Besides Costa Rica dentistry being affordable, the quality of treatments is on par with that in the United States. The country is home to many state-of-the-art dental clinics. There is a plethora of easy-on-the-pocket dental treatments available, right from dental bone grafting to mini dental implants for dentures in Costa Rica.
Mini Dental Implants Explained
- Mini dental implants are commonly used to secure lower dentures in place. The procedure ensures that patients can eat and speak without worrying about their lower dentures falling out.
- These implants can also be used to replace a single tooth. As a result of their miniature size, they cause less damage to the bone and gum tissue.
- During the procedure, a screw is inserted into the gum to replace the tooth root. This screw helps cement lower dentures in place if used with dentures.
- The procedure typically takes one hour. Patients who undergo the procedure receive their implants the same day.
- According to a pilot study of mini dental implants by Anitha Balaji, Jumshad B. Mohamed and R Kathiresan, results of which were published online in The Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery on February 25, 2011, mini implants carry a success rate of 90.9%.
- Despite the impressive success rates, there are some mini dental implant complications too such as the onset of pain and uncomfortable bite which are concomitant with improper fastening of the implants.
Cost of Mini Implants in Costa Rica
- The mini dental implants price in Costa Rica is much lower than the price quoted for them in the United States.
- Low cost of medical treatments in Costa Rica, in general, is a direct ramification of the low living costs in the country.
- However, cost of your treatment would depend on the number of implants you are in need of. Of course, you would be paying much lower if you get mini implants for single tooth in Costa Rica than if you get multiple implants.
- Even after taking into consideration transportation and food costs, getting mini dental implants in Costa Rica would still be more affordable than they are in the United States.
- Due to the lower cost of living in Costa Rica, medical tourists can enjoy a relaxing vacation in addition to getting mini dental implants.
Why Get Mini Dental Implants in Costa Rica?
- As mentioned, dental work in Costa Rica is considerably less expensive than in the United States, Canada and other First World countries.
- You can find many well-equipped dental clinics in Costa Rica. Quite a few of them are accredited by The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF).
- Many dentists are licensed to perform mini dental implants in Costa Rica. Many of the renowned dentists in Costa Rica study abroad in the United States, so they are familiar with the international medical standards.
- There is little to no waiting period in Costa Rica before you receive dental treatment.
- Another advantage of getting mini dental implants, bridges, or dental crowns in Costa Rica is the country’s proximity to the United States and Canada. Geographical propinquity translates in saving on traveling costs and time for American and Canadian patients.
- Majority of the dentists and their staff in the leading clinics of the country are fluent in English and understand how to accommodate foreign patients’ needs.
- After receiving mini dental implants for uppers in Costa Rica, patients can recover on a warm, sunny beach. Sunny environments promote speedier recovery.
Mini implants in Costa Rica are a viable option for patients to replace their teeth without breaking the bank. The sunny weather, highly skilled dentists and comfortable patient rooms in dental hospitals in Costa Rica allow for shorter recovery period. Plus, one can look forward to a pleasant vacation.
Submit the free request quote form on the right for more information on mini implants in Costa Rica.