With Porcelain Crowns and Bridges – from $9,650
With All on 4 Implants (per arch) – $13,500
What exactly is the cost of smile design in Costa Rica? Many patients tend to wonder about this especially since the country is becoming a popular destination for individuals who have always wanted a better smile, but may not necessarily be able to afford the required treatment in their respective home countries.
A low cost smile makeover for these individuals can really spruce up their appearance.
If you’ve always been self-conscious of your smile, or badly want something like veneers, teeth straightening, or teeth whitening in one of the popular dental tourism destinations, then it is worth looking at smile makeover costs in Costa Rica and see if these fall within your budget.
What you find may surprise you – in a good way! If you’re looking for preliminary background information on matters of cost, as well as the actual makeover procedure, then this is a good place to start.
Teeth Makeovers – A Brief Overview
Do keep in mind that your smile designing treatment costs in Costa Rica would be dependent on factors such as the treatment required, the demand for and skills of your dentist, and the clinic where the treatment is carried out. Before we delve deeper, here is some information on smile designing –
- A smile makeover may be defined as the process of improving the appearance of the smile through one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- A smile makeover does not aim to create a similar smile for each patient. Usually dental makeovers take into consideration one’s facial appearance including the color of skin, hair and teeth. All these characteristics will help develop your ideal smile. Smile makeovers are customized according to the patient’s unique considerations.
- How long do smile makeovers last? This is actually dependent on the procedures that were performed on the patient. Teeth whitening procedures may need to be maintained after some months, while procedures such as dental crowns may not need replacing for at least 10 to 15 years (as per a study by Bader and Shugars published in the Jan-Feb 2009 issue of the journal General Dentistry).
- Depending on your requirements, you can also get dental implants, composite fillings, veneers, gum depigmentation and dental bleaching in Costa Rica, while you are there.
Attractive Costs for Smile Design
- Smile designing cost in Costa Rica is significantly lower than in the US, Canada, and the UK. The difference in rates is quite significant, even when taking into account other expenses such as airfare and accommodation.
- The country’s low living costs make it possible for the local hospitals and clinics to provide treatments at competitive rates.
- Should you decide to fly to the country for a smile makeover, it is very possible to set an appointment with the best cosmetic dentists in Costa Rica. Should you want to see the best dentists in the United States, it will undoubtedly take more money, and not to mention, a longer waiting time.
- The low prices of treatment allow patients to have money left over to enjoy other things that the country has to offer. It is known as an enchanting tropical paradise because of its beautiful beaches, unique wildlife, and lush rainforests.
Other Benefits of Getting Teeth Makeovers in Costa Rica
- You can choose from a variety of pre-arranged dental tours to Costa Rica designed for patients looking for cheap smile makeovers. Additionally, thanks to its geographical proximity to the US and Canada it is not difficult to find flights in and out of the country.
- Besides the affordable smile designing treatment costs in Costa Rica, the country boasts of excellent health system ranking. In 2000, the World Health Organization ranked it 36th in the world for its robust healthcare system.
Some Tips for Dental Tourists
Should you decide to pursue your options on cosmetic dentistry in Costa Rica, a few travel tips will undoubtedly be helpful.
- Check for budget flights – If you want to save more money, flying budget may be an excellent way to do so.
- Be mindful of the tourist season – Costa Rica enjoys tropical weather all year round, and it becomes a popular vacation destination for American tourists especially during the summer time. It may be best to schedule your procedure during the off-season.
- Secure accommodations beforehand – If traveling with friends or family, it is best to make advance bookings. Plenty of reputable hotels have websites making it very easy to secure accommodations.
If you’ve always wanted to improve your smile, but have felt that the requisite treatment was beyond your budget, then it may be worth inquiring into the cost of smile design in Costa Rica. The pocket friendly rates may mean that you may soon have the smile that you’ve always wanted.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information and the latest prices.